TOPAZ pipeline for sewage
For sewage discharge from small diameter pipes
The TOPAZ ductile iron pipeline system is dedicated to sewage discharge for small diameters of DN/OD 75 to 160 mm and is suitable for most soils.
The range comprises six metre pipes along with many fittings and accessories.
- Protection: resulting from research by Saint-Gobain PAM, BioZinalium ensures the perfect external protection for TOPAZ pipes. Composed of 85-15 zinc-aluminium alloy enriched with copper and covered by a protective layer of Aquacoat. BioZinalium reduces the risk of localised biocorrosion. TOPAZ fittings are protected internally and externally with a red epoxy coating applied by powdering with a minimum thickness of 250 µm.
BioZinalium® is a material environment-friendly due to the absence of VOCs and BPA.
- Resistance: DUCTAN, a completely smooth internal lining provides TOPAZ pipes with a strong resistance to the harshest acid and alkaline effluents over a pH range from one to 10. The plasticity of DUCTAN ensures good impact and abrasion resistance.
- Simple installation and adaptability: designed to be handled and installed by hand, TOPAZ products are easy to fit and can adapt to ground movements.
- Economic laying: the design of TOPAZ pipes enables eco-laying with the reuse of natural backfill and thus creates considerable cost savings in relation to the purchase and transport of raw materials.
- Compliance: TOPAZ high performance elastomer NBR quality joints have been adapted to resist the effluent found in mains drainage, complying with the requirements of standard EN 681-1 type WG. These joints ensure complete watertightness, even in the most demanding cases, and they have been tested in accordance with standard EN 598, under extreme conditions of angular deflection and dimensional tolerance.
With three models, the joints that fit the TOPAZ system allow multiple connections:
Single version joint for TOPAZ cast iron pipes and fittings
Vi locked version joint for TOPAZ cast iron pipes and fittings only
ViP locked version joint for plastic, PVC-U, PVC-BO and PE tubes connected to TOPAZ cast iron fittings
Saint-Gobain PAM proposes range of tools to assist companies during the pipe laying:
- BluCut: a cutting and chamfering machine that permits clean, fast, secured and autoguided cut and chamfer on TOPAZ pipes
- BluTrak: a device for the laying of unlocked TOPAZ pipes permitting high installation rates